.

.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Meet Junior Counselors Tawonga & Diness


Full Name: Tawonga Zakeyu
Home District: Machinga
Junior Counselor: Snowy Owl
Age: 18
Where do you want to study? African Leadership Academy in South Africa. The day before yesterday, I had my interview.
How did Camp Sky help you on your MSCE exam? I was having difficulties in Mathematics, but Camp Sky helped me to do well on the MSCE in maths. Now, I have a strong credit in Mathematics on the MSCE. My Sky teacher helped me to better understand SIN, COS and TAN for the trigonometry portion.
What was your favorite activity during Camp Sky last year? I especially liked learning and dancing the Macarena.
What is your dream job? As of now, I want to be a leader as a nurse.
What is a fun fact about you? I can speak Chichewa as well as Chiyao and I am very fat; I am a big mama.

Full Name: Diness "Dennis" Mphepo
Home District: Zomba
Junior Counselor: Barn Owls
Age: 20
Score on MSCE: 20
Where do you want to study?  I would like to go to Chancellor College in Zomba, Malawi.
How did Camp Sky help you on your MSCE exam?  On my MSCE exam, I found Camp Sky to be very helpful. I was failing to design an experiment on titration, but after Sky I was able to make the experiment.
What was your favorite activity during Camp Sky last year?  I liked the trip to the U.S. Embassy. We used computers and studied in the library for free. I enjoyed the minibus ride itself and our time there.
What is your dream job? I want to work as a secondary school teacher teaching Physical Science. This is because I like science subjects and I want to help improve the education system in Malawi.
What is a fun fact about you? I know how to use Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Database on computers, because my past Peace Corps teacher, Madam Rita Bradley, taught me.


No comments:

Post a Comment